July 15, 2012
Sunday July 15, 2012
- Sanity at last? International Telecommunication Union set to discuss rampant patent litigation…but not until October. http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2012/45.aspx
- Nokia to close 2 facilities in China (Chengdu and Shanghai)
- NBC to stream Olympics to Android and iOS devices for free
- Struggling RIM gets hit with a $147 patent judgement
- No rumors!
- official release of Montain Lion yet this month coming, so maybe new hardware announcements from Apple, at least Mac Mini with Ivy Bridge processor
Google and Android
- Google draws back on Nexus 7 release date; very circumspect as to why. Finally got my shipping notice very early Saturday morning.
- “Universal Search Bar” that is the subject of the patent litigation has been extracted from current ROMs and is in the wild, so if an update from your carrier wipes it out, you can re-install it.
- Google Now has been extracted from Jelly Bean and is being ported to many devices.
- will Chromebox from Samsung be viable offer for enterprises?
Follow Alli on Twitter
Follow Diana on Twitter
Follow Edward on Twitter
Call the Just Another Geek Site Google Voice number, and leave us a message! (304) 884-JAGS (5247)
Download the episode directly here. Subscribe via iTunes. Add our RSS podcast feed.