July 1, 2012
Sunday July 1, 2012
- Edward saw new Spiderman movie (in USA on July 3drd starting) : Sony Xperia Android and Sony Vaio aplenty in it, also holographic user interface with 3D-motion detection like Kinect but very precise
- “Leap Second” bug caused problems for Reddit, Mozella and possibly other big sites.
- Unrelated to the previous, LeapMotion introduces a new way to interact with your computer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d6KuiuteIA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- No rumors!
- Macs have no kensington lock, for example : Macbook air doesn’t have it, mac mini too, what the duck? (Edward needs it)
- Chrome for iOS is cool, has good voice control, but it sucks because it is wrapperbbgound standard safari control
- MobileMe has shut down
- New survey finds 21% of iOS users wouldn’t switch to an other platform for any price
Google and Android
- Google IO conference , many topics: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with fluent user interface, Nexus 7 (the real iPad killer because 2 times cheaper and 2-3 times more cores/faster than iPad 3), google glasses, chrome for iOS, etc
- Jelly Bean features include improved notifications & gallery, widget resizing, offline voice typing and Google Now (Google’s Siri). HTC and Samsung “Are evaluating the new software to determine update schedules” and “will soon announce a schedule and which devices will get the update”
- Project Butter (youtube video):
- Update for Kindle for Windows Phone released, add only multitasking support but still no search, no highlight, no dictionary support – conclusion: do not buy Windows Phone if you wanna read eBooks
- Microsoft just announced it has indeed acquired Yammer, the four-year-old social networking company for enterprises, for $1.2 billion in cash.
- Some Microsoft manager promises that Microsoft will not abandon Windows Phone 8 users like did with older: Windows Mobile 6.5 users Screwed, no update to 7. Windows Phone 7 users Screwed, no update to 8. Now we should believe Microsoft? No, do not buy Windows Phone !
Follow Alli on Twitter
Follow Diana on Twitter
Follow Edward on Twitter
Call the Just Another Geek Site Google Voice number, and leave us a message! (304) 884-JAGS (5247)
Download the episode directly here. Subscribe via iTunes. Add our RSS podcast feed.