May 6, 2012
Sunday May 6, 2012
- The Kindle Fire is no longer on fire…sales share drops to 4%
- Draw Something loses 5M daily users (15M down to 10M) in 30 days. Are people getting bored with it or is it Zynga?
- eye controlled user interface coming, among others in windows 8, google glasess, etc, Eurotrash company from Sweden works on it: http://www.tobii.com/ – not science fiction!
- How many times does your cell phone ring before it goes to voicemail? Why do the carriers now allow consumers to control this?
- iDrive – http://t.co/61UzR50k 5 GB free for starters, $4.99/month. Actual automatic backup.
- Edward: apple is manufacturing iPad 2 units with new technology: less power consumption and slightly faster processor but only after unpacking unit and going to settings one can recognize whether old or new iPad 2 is given unit
- Samsung loses major defense in patent infringement case due to delay in providing mandated code.
Google and Android
- Samsung event and overkill?
- Sprint confirmed that Epic Touch (a.k.a. Galaxy S II) users will get an OTA ICS update, but still refuses to give a date, despite over a dozen leaked builds
- LG give Samsung something to think about by announcing the Optimus LTE 2 with 2GB of RAM (twice the 1GB in the Galaxy S3)
- Flipboard coming to Android at last
- Edward: many people say that HTC One X is still (after S3) the best Android phone just because they are being bribed by HTC (free HTC units, intercontinental flights and hotel at Frequencies conference)
- Edward: German magazine “connect” in list of top smartphones still has Galaxy Note in place number one and Edward seen Note in hands of teenagers and women too – in public here – this phone is NOT TOO BIG. If somebody says it is too big, then this somebody is simply stupid or midget or both.
Follow Alli on Twitter
Follow Diana on Twitter
Follow Edward on Twitter
Call the Just Another Geek Site Google Voice number, and leave us a message! (304) 884-JAGS (5247)
Download the episode directly here. Subscribe via iTunes. Add our RSS podcast feed.