April 15, 2012
Sunday April 15, 2012
- Instagram bought by Facebook for $1 billion
- B-berry to release a device that will run Android apps? Isn’t this old news –
Runtime for PlayBook?
- Kindle Touch 5.1.0 update adds international language support, landscape mode, and more http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200790650
Edward installed it, landscape is great but still no multiple level of zooming of images in ebooks.
- National database to catch smartphone thieves – the big 4 are all in
- Edward yesterday was in Amsterdam and scored unique Amsterdam badge “mokum”. Foursquare is fun when traveling innit?
Google and Android
- Galaxy S2 in Germany got ICS
- Sony Xperia devices in Scandanavia get ICS
- Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) released with Android 4
- HTC One series gets a lot of hype
- Android shoots up from 33% to 64% market share in China
- Google Wallet Android app gets some privacy fixes http://www.androidcentral.com/google-wallet-updated-improvements-and-enhancements-across-board
- Nokia Lumia 900 on sale, data connection issues but Nokia released update in few days – shows how important this launch is; however camera in Lumia 900 has no BSI (backside illumination) sensor so photos are inferior
- Diana went and looked at the Lumia. Not impressed with Metro interface; easy to use, but boring to look at. Had a great tech conversation with sales person.
- Netflix for Windows Phone up to version 2.01
Follow Alli on Twitter
Follow Diana on Twitter
Follow Edward on Twitter
Call the Just Another Geek Site Google Voice number, and leave us a message! (304) 884-JAGS (5247)
Download the episode directly here. Subscribe via iTunes. Add our RSS podcast feed.