April 29, 2012
Sunday April 29, 2012
Google and Android
- Samsung to release its own cloud storage (S-Cloud) – Do you have your Google drive yet?
- Panasonic is now in the Android Phone arena
- May 3rd: launch event in London of Galaxy S3, why in London? because olympics starts there soon
- Leaked AT&T document gives dates for ICS updates: Galaxy SII May 14; Sensation and Amaze June 16
- Edward: google launched “google drive” – but no iOS client yet
- Woz likes windows phone more than android, what the duck?
- rumor: Windows 8 touch tablets will run windows phone 7 apps out of the box with use of “Microsoft virtual” what is very likely because windows phone 7 apps are not native but .net apps i.e. silveeright or somefink
- Paul Thurrott (Windows IT Pro) and Mary Jo Foley (ZDnet) confirm infos from sources in Microsoft: no Windows Phone 8 update for Windows Phone 7.5 phones, so for example Lumia 900 will not get next OS that comes in 6 months (October) but 3-year old iPhone 3GS gets current iOS 5.1. Conclusions? Wait for Windows Phone 8 and don’t buy now!
- Microsoft patent for dual display phone so maybe Windows Phone 8 with e-ink display on one side and normal display on other side coming:
.. so WHOLE SURFACE of the device may be display. See video there too.
Follow Alli on Twitter
Follow Diana on Twitter
Follow Edward on Twitter
Call the Just Another Geek Site Google Voice number, and leave us a message! (304) 884-JAGS (5247)
Download the episode directly here. Subscribe via iTunes. Add our RSS podcast feed.