March 4, 2012
Convertcast – Episode 108
Sunday March 4, 2012
- Networking at 10,000 Feet: Airlines Are Making the Skies ‘Social’ http://techland.time.com/2012/02/28/networking-from-10000-feet-airlines-are-making-the-skies-social/ Dumbest idea ever!
- Samsung Chaton – cross platform SMS replacement. How does it differ from the competition?
- (Edward) Mobile World Congress ended : mainly show about android but many visitors and journalists were just using iPad for writing and iPhone for calling – isn’t it funny?
- AT&T updated its data use policy, capping so-called unlimited plans at 3GB.
- (Edward) Nokia 808 PureView announced – Symbian not windows phone = windows phone 7.5 sucks, 8 maybe baby, it has 41 pixels nominal but can make only 5 megapixel photos? What the not-duck ?
- Lytro camera
- (Edward) Windows 8 CONSUMER preview for the 1st time released (previously: only developer previou) but Edward was too busy with life (as opposed to TV watching) to install it yet
- (Edward) skype for windows phone released, Edward reviewed it at J.A.G.S. and gives impressions, HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM: skype for windows phone ALSO IN FINAL VERSION will not support receiving background calls – scandal!!! … as it works in iOS and Android…
- (Edward) how many people with Windows Phone Alli knows? 3! Me, her friend with newly purchased Windows Phone and Joel Ivory Johnson!
- (Edward) on his “podcast about everything”, in latest episode, Edward was chatting with Windows Phone dev MVP – Joel :
http://dreamyrobot.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/podcast-3-windows-phone-space-exploration-genetic-testing-23andme/ – about Windows Phone. Funny part of that chat: Windows Phone doesn’t have enterprise-class encryption so many enterprises (including Joel’s) cannot use Windows Phone with Microsoft Exchange but do it with iPhone cellphones! Stupid stupid Microsoft mobile division in action again…
- (Edward) stil evil, example: people are product for Google not users, product that it sells to advertisers
- (Edward) funny: Apple sent invitations to ipad 3 event EXACTLY at the moment when Eric the weasel Schmidt, ceo of gloogle, was giving keynote speach during MWC in Barcelona
Follow Alli on Twitter
Follow Diana on Twitter
Follow Edward on Twitter
Call the Just Another Geek Site Google Voice number, and leave us a message! (304) 884-JAGS (5247)
Download the episode directly here. Subscribe via iTunes. Add our RSS podcast feed.